Thursday, January 20, 2011

Welcome To My Blog

Hi. This is my first blog attempt and I hope you are patient with me as I learn.
The name of my blog is Love Live Learn. It stands for Love always, Live forever, Learn today. To me, this means love God, others and yourself  (in that order), become a follower of Jesus and have eternal life (John 3:16), and learn something everyday. These things are important for living a fulfilling life. I want to learn and help others to learn. 
I am rapidly approaching my 40th birthday and there are some things I hope to accomplish before May. One of the items is to have a blog and learn to write in a more interesting manner.
It is funny how a movie can influence language or rather how colloquialism begins. I haven't seen The Bucket List, but I have noticed how so many people now refer to stuff they want to do as "something on my bucket list". My ds is only 14 but has recently marked an item off his list. For several years he has mentioned Crème Brule as being his favorite dessert. Only one problem with that: he has never even tasted it. On New Year's Eve, we were invited over to a friend's home to play games, eat desserts and celebrate the coming year. One of the desserts was, you guessed it, Crème Brule. As he took a bite, he said "I am marking something off my bucket list". He hasn't seen the movie either. Oh, yes, it is still his favorite dessert and after tasting it, it might be one of my new favorites also.
Okay, enough for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment